BEST SCENE AWARD
Guys lets talk about the lighting in this scene though. Ms. Morell is in the light, on the lighter side of the room, and Stiles is in the darker side, nearly in the complete shadows.
I would also like to point out that Stiles is blocked in. Ms. Morell’s side of the screen feels more open. Stiles may have the door on his side, but it doesn’t feel like he’d be able to get up and leave.
Also he’s got the lacrosse stick on his lap, holding him down.
Everything in this scene was important and had meaning, specifically to Stiles. This episode while ostensibly being about Scott, was actually all about Stiles and his journey. He has something weighing him down, pressure, responsibility, tying his hands up, he’s blocked in, he’s in the dark, he’s wearing gray. The (gorgeous) focus on his mouth and eyes, his words and what he can see, what he HAS seen, what he believes he will see.
What I loved most about it was that someone was solely focused on Stiles, asking him questions, seeking his thoughts, putting STILES together instead of Stiles putting something together. This isn’t some “oh poor Stiles” but it is that, sometimes he does get lost because he is just a boy and truly, people don’t trust him. He doesn’t do what Scott does and he knows that, he’s weird, he’s a bit off putting. With Ms. Morell’s and Deaton’s scenes they are both significant in that they seek his thoughts, they encourage him, they see potential, I think that’s super interesting and I can’t imagine it’s NOT important especially because we know Ms. Morell and Deaton are connected somehow.
And the dialogue, I mean. Water is the motif of this season, not only has Stiles himself almost drowned, he saved someone from almost drowning and witnessed someone nearly drowning, he got his head dunked in water. He knows what it feels like to drown. His perspective on Matt is really interesting because I think it’s protecting himself by trying to not let his death change him but also…it’s a almost completely black and white (and Stiles is wearing gray, the in between). Stiles is seeing a full picture and not looking at the past at all, which is odd considering Stiles put a lot of that past together. Stiles, in contrast to Morrell and Deaton, doesn’t quite have that focus yet. He’s still not quite where I think they want him to be.
Stiles knows what is coming. I think Stiles, in this scene, believes he will die soon. I think he is frightened and overwhelmed, panic attacking. But in this scene he’s almost eerily calm. In fact, this whole episode except for the very last moment of triumph, he’s very calm. He’s composed. He’s resolute. He nearly has tears in his eyes during the game in his talk with Scott. He know something is going to happen to him. Just like he knows about a lot of things. He’s putting together the end game and coming up short on his own behalf.
I don’t believe Stiles will die. But I believe Stiles thinks he will die. And I think he’s accepted it.
- nietoile reblogged this from 5ummit
- apackoffeels reblogged this from teenwolfmeta
- alyks reblogged this from heathyr
- cas-is-the-most-homo reblogged this from halelaur
- akonites likes this
- halelaur reblogged this from stereks
- eeriemelody likes this
- needsmoregreendragons likes this
- dulcexcarolina likes this
- arcshieldreactor reblogged this from justteenwolf
- hawkeyesbooty reblogged this from enochiansoftware
- enochiansoftware reblogged this from devils-trap
- blindkss reblogged this from sourwolves
- thewinchesterhoes likes this
- bewitchtheheart reblogged this from akvade
- conorthegreat likes this
- fishcommander likes this
- sugoipotato likes this
- dontworrylifeiseasy reblogged this from garrowaysluke and added:
- a-pack-of-badgers reblogged this from theboywhorunswithwolves
- bunniesagainstwerewolfovens reblogged this from smashingevilbunnyheads
- hedgeandteenwolf reblogged this from pilgrimkitty
- merrier likes this
- kjeio reblogged this from heathyr
- s-t-a-y reblogged this from dylan-is-our-boy-toy
- worldoffabiagg likes this
- lovedecadence likes this
- littlefireworkdreamer reblogged this from monkeyscandance
- iamgonnatakecareofyou reblogged this from youwillalwaysenduphere
- addictedanddevoted likes this
- chexiemae reblogged this from brienodylan
- chexiemae likes this
- branch-in-my-eye reblogged this from dylan-is-our-boy-toy
- stars-shine-out-for-you reblogged this from lordstilinski
- what-the-random-est reblogged this from youwillalwaysenduphere
- werewolfbite reblogged this from brienodylan
- 5secondsofperfwin reblogged this from brienodylan
- romanbloodfrey likes this
- youwillalwaysenduphere reblogged this from brienodylan
- ravenclaw1991 likes this
- teen-idle23 likes this
- raging-bomer reblogged this from dylan-is-our-boy-toy
- brienodylan reblogged this from dylan-is-our-boy-toy
- dylan-is-our-boy-toy reblogged this from lordstilinski
- angelamarieanne reblogged this from lordstilinski
- lordstilinski reblogged this from justteenwolf
- andreavw reblogged this from larry-hystereks
- ssshutuppp likes this
- idothisallthetime reblogged this from sulkyboys and added: